Wednesday 22 May 2013

Katy's top five tips for: Luscious Lips


 As a long-time brass musician and inhabitant of a radically changing climate, I've learned a lot over the tears about keeping my lips smooth and hydrated. Here are my top 5 tips for keeping your lips lovely in all weather and conditions.

1. DON'T LICK YOUR LIPS. I know, you have a cold, or it's icy wind outside, or you forgot your chapstick. DON'T LICK THEM. You'll make it ten times worse.

2. Invest in a good lip scrub. Use it once a week to exfoliate and get rid of any dry skin around the edges. I like the lip scrubs from Lush, which all have amazing scent/tastes.

3. Kiss your boyfriend/girlfriend. Stubble-rash aside, it's a good workout for your Orbicularis Oris (lip muscles) and it helps to exfoliate them! (I'm sorry if I just ruined the experience of kissing for anyone by including the lip exfoliation visual).

4. Use cosmetic products that add moisture, rather than drying out your lips. I love using Carmex Moisture Plus tinted lip balm because it's good for my lips, and it adds a wash of colour to add to my makeup look.

5. Keep lip balm/chapstick EVERYWHERE. Put one in your purse. Put one in your car glovebox. Keep one in your bedroom, your bathroom, in the kitchen (I have one on top of the microwave). Then you have no excuse to lick your lips, ever. Lip-licking is a massive cause of dry, red, broken skin around the mouth and apart from being unsightly, it's really painful and generally unpleasant to live with.

What are your greatest tips for keeping your lips luscious?

No comments:

Post a Comment