Thursday 4 April 2013

Makeup look: ChiChi real minerals loose pigment quad



When I was in Target last week, i managed to pick up a ChiChi real minerals eyeshadow quad in these amazing greens, and I thought I would share the look with you guys.

Green is one of my favourite colours to use on my eyes, and I really love the depth that can be achieved by building and layering a look to suit a certain event or season. Green reminds me of springtime, so for the aussies among us who are heading into autumn and winter, it can be a bit of a pick-me-up, with the grey skies outside.

Below, I've swatched the colours on my arm. I basically just swatched them with my finger, onto my bare arm with no eyeshadow base underneath.
Using a base like Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion will intensify the colours, prevent creasing and make them wear longer and stronger.

There are two colours that are more sheer, and two more vibrant ones with a better colour payoff. I used the lightest colour as a highlight up under the brow bone, then the second sheer colour all over the lid. I was going for a slightly more subtle look than you -could- go for with these colours, so i then just swept the darker green into the outer corner and up across the crease for a little added depth.

I used a green eyeliner crayon from essence along my top and bottom lashlines, and finished it all off with a good coat of MAC Plushlash.

I really love the colours in this quad, and I can definitely see using them often. The only drawback with these pigments is the packaging, which is quite messy and awkward to use. It means that you waste product every time you use it, and I don't like to waste things.

I'm thinking of maybe modifying the existing packaging, or perhaps I'll depot into more user-friendly containers so that I can use them without the mess and waste.

The texture of the mineral powders is lovely, and they build really nicely. I can't wait to try out some more looks with these shadows!


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment