Monday 4 March 2013

Monday How-to: Applying cream/liquid foundations with brushes.

My favourite kind of foundation is the liquid/creamy kind. I've always applied it with sponges because every time I tried with brushes, I failed miserably. I couldn't figure out why I had streak marks all over, and cakey-looking base.

As it turns out, I was using way, way WAY too much product, hence the streaky cakiness. It also helps that I have a really great kabuki brush now, from my January Lust Have It box.

So... the key to perfecting that airbrushed, perfect base look is in the application. Start with a tiny (and I mean TINY) amount of product on the back of your hand (or in the lid of your colour supplement pot, if you happen to use lush foundation) and build it up. You can use your kabuki brush dry or slightly damp, but don't get it really wet. Using small, circular motions, sweep the product onto your face, working all over to create an even base. You can build up the coverage by allowing the product to dry, then applying another coat.

Then simply set it with your powder, use blush, highlighter and bronzer for contouring and continue with your makeup look. Simple!


No comments:

Post a Comment