Thursday 17 January 2013

Review: Rimmel Stir It Up Cream Eyeshadow

 I was browsing through Gloss the other day, and I stumbled across these Rimmel cream eyeshadows, and fell in love!
There were 7 or 8 different colours, and at just under $5 each, I was tempted to get them all, but I listened to my inner thrifty person and just chose 2.
I ended up with #400 - Out of the blue, and #300 - Sure. Both of these colours are gorgeous and I can think of a bunch of different ways to use them.

First of all, let's have a look at the colours swatched on my arm. The blue one, of course, is Out of the blue, and the bronzey-pink-purple is Sure. I love both colours. The blue/green would be amazing for a mermaid-y kind of look, and the pink will be fantastic for a faerie event we have coming up in Melbourne.

When I first picked them up, I thought that they were powders, so of course, I got a huge surprise when I stuck my finger in the tester!


 They go on very smooth and don't crease, so I think that they would also make a really awesome base colour for a really intense makeup look, if you had an event that you could get away with massive makeup for. Remember, though, if you're going all out with the eyes, you probably want to keep the lips natural-looking to avoid a massive makeup faux-pas.

I lovelovelove these, and I highly recommend that you go check them out for yourself! Like I said, you can get them from Gloss, or from Priceline, Kmart, Target, Big W, Coles supermarkets & selected pharmacies nationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment