Tuesday 29 January 2013

A girl's best friend: Umberto Giannini Backcomb in a bottle.

Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while, know that I have thin, fine hair, and that usually that's not an issue. I just try to stay away from oily styling products and use things that boost volume.

This is a product that I use regularly to create fuller looking 'dos.

I bought it at my local Woolworths because it looked good, I liked the packaging, and I liked the promises that it made.

I'm going to start by saying that there is not a product in the world that will give you exactly the effect of teased hair If you expect that from this can, you're expecting way too much.

What it does deliver is volume and hold, so I use it for things like beachy waves, or for up-dos like victory rolls, where I lose the teasing brush and the hairspray and use this for both. French rolls are the same concept, just on the back of the head, and this works equally well when I want a really sleek, chic style too.It helps to hold my side-swept bangs in the style, as well as giving me a little bit of volume underneath the sleek hair on top. I have an extraordinarily small head compared to the rest of me, and it's hard to avoid looking like a pea head when I have my hair tied up tight or pinned up.

All in all, I really love this product. It's inexpensive, smells great, and is really versatile. Try it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment