Monday 24 December 2012

Summer style: Neons!

 All weekend, I've been battling migraines and excessive heat, but it didn't stop me from checking out a couple of really cute neon things and trying them out!

First is my BYS limited edition neon palette, which I got from Gloss a few months ago. I was a little bit ahead of the trend, because I'm just now seeing neons go crazy around the place.

 I've swatched the colours here on my arm for you. Not a great colour payoff, but they are perfect to start slow and build up the colour if that's what you want to do.
 Then we have the gorgeous Orly hot shots mani minis, which my awesome little wholesale beauty supply store just started to stock. These are so cute, starting with a coat of white polish to make the neons even brighter (thank you, Revlon for that little tip!)

The nail art I did over the top is really super simple, black and white with silver, but it really pops against the bright neon colours.
What do you think. Can you pull off a neon look this season? Are you determined to have a red hot crack at it? I most certainly am!

No comments:

Post a Comment