Monday 17 December 2012

How-to: Deal with an allergic reaction.

One thing that lots of us deal with at one time or another is allergic reactions to beauty products.

I experienced this myself for the first time on Wednesday night when I tried out a new cleanser and a wrinkle cream. Immediately after I'd applied it, my skin felt hot and started to sweat, I became very red, and broke out in a lumpy, bumpy rash.

So... when this happens to you, what should you do?


  • Don't panic. You're probably not going to die.
  • Don't put any other products on the affected area. Instead, just cleanse the area with clean, cool water.
  • If you have a cold pack handy, apply it to the affected area to cool down the skin.
  • Leave your skin alone for a couple of days and let it settle down by itself.
  • You could also take an antihistimine if you have some handy.
  • Don't blame the product. In my case, for example, my skin is used to having organic or naturally derived products used on it every day, and this product (s) was a heavy cosmeceutical. My skin basically just went "WHAT THE HELL?" and reacted in a violent manner.
I'm feeling much better now. My skin has settled down, and I'm back on the road to clear skin...and I'm being a little more gentle and cautious.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the invite, but I actually don't have a Pinterest account.

    ReplyDelete