Friday 21 December 2012

Enhancing natural beauty with a smile: Cleverwhite Dissolving strips.

Today in the mail, I received a sample set of Cleverwhite Dissolving Whitening strips for my teeth.

Usually, I don't put much stock in products like this, and after 32 years of sugar, soda, then coffee and smoking (which I don't do any more) all damaging and discolouring my teeth, I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that it's going to take a few hundred dollars' worth of in-the-chair-at-the-dentist whitening to get them really lovely and pearly.

But then I tried this...and now I'm not so sure.

Single use samples are always a little bit blah, because it's really hard to get an idea of exactly how the product is going to perform long term, or in a full course. These had me staring into the mirror, thinking maybe, just maybe, they had pulled my teeth up half a shade in one go. It's got me intrigued enough to go use the $5 off voucher I got with my sample and order some.

So how do they work? Well...it's a clear strip, much like a breath freshening strip, which you place level with the gumline at the front and fold over the back of your teeth. As soon as it gets wet, it lso gets sticky and coats the teeth completely. They then dissolve over the next 10 minutes, and you're left with just a faint hint of minty freshness. My teeth felt cleaner after they had dissolved, too.

There are a couple of little drawbacks. First, they stickiness can be a pain if you happen to accidentally stick it to your lip instead of your teeth, so you have to be careful. Also, the length of the strip means that you are probably going to need two for the top and two for the bottom if you want to whiten all of your teeth, including back molars. If you're content to just do the visible front teeth back to the first molar, then one top and one bottom are all you need.

They come in a pack of 42 (a three week supply) for $29.95, and currently they are on special for $26.95...so compared to most other whitening systems, they are really affordable. Available at Priceline and www.cleverwhite.com.au

I'm off to order my box now, so stay tuned for a proper review in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment