Wednesday 28 November 2012

Midweek pampering sessions: Bathtime!

Welcome to our first midweek pampering session! This is the time to set aside an hour to just relax and have some time for yourself, no matter what you're doing. If you have to wait until the kids are in bed like I do, or if you need to get your studying done first, then get that done, then settle in and have some you time. You deserve it!

This week, my pampering session is all about relaxing in the bath. It might be a steaming hot tub full of scented bath oils, surrounded by candles if the weather is sucky, or it might be a fresh-scented cool bath to pick you back up again after a really hot day.

I was hanging out in the always-gorgeous-smelling Lush store this week, and I decided to buy a couple of really awesome things. Awesome enough that they are sold out online and in most of Lush's stores currently (but more stock is always on the way!). In a haul video last week, I saw bunny (Grav3yardgirl on youTube) raving about the magic wand bubble bar and I just HAD to have one!

Looking at the picture of it, it really does look like a kids' magic fairy wand, and it smells AMAZING! It's a little bit musky, a little bit rosey and little bit something else (?). Anyway, it smells divine. All you have to do is run it under the water for awesome scented bubbles, it's multi use and will last several baths. It even has a little bell to remind you not to tinkle in the bath. (hehe... ok, I made that up.)

The other thing I got that is absolutely delicious smelling is their Angel's Delight soap. It's an almost-citrus-y scent, with hints of floral fragrances and it's constructed in layers of slab colour. Pink, yellow, orange, even a bit of glitter! I can't wait to get into the bath and give myself a good soaking in the bubbles, then lather up with the soap. I'm going to emerge reeking of girliness!

So...now it's your turn. Go get your favourite bath products out and really just relax for a bit. Read a book (or my blog! Be careful with your mobile devices near the water), or just lay there and switch off your busy brain for a moment. It's the middle of the week and you've got nothing better to do anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment