Tuesday 23 October 2012

Oh bugger! I broke a nail!

I have a lovely set of acrylic nails that, as you know, I love to paint up and make pretty. I also have primary custody of my two sons, who are 8 and 2 years old. So when they go off to visit with their dad for two days each fortnight, I take myself off to the nail salon to have my acrylics filled. There is no way I'd be able to take the little one with me, even when my eldest son is in school. Not fair on him, not fair on me, and certainly not fair on the nail technician. So what do I do when I break one (or more)?

Well...I really just have to wait it out, file the nail so that it's not sharp, and try to make the best of it until my next appointment. I'm currently in that situation and have to wait all week to have it fixed, so I decided I'd do a little disguise work.

As you can see here, I've opted for a two-tone bright coloured french, with the tip darker than the base.This makes the bright colour stand out more, and seem more even across all five nails, even though my index finger doesn't have a tip!

Another way to do it is to try the latest trend of painting one nail a different colour, and make the broken nail the "odd man out".

There are loads of different ways to dress up a broken nail just to get you by until your next available time to visit the salon, or until it grows back in line with the others (if you have natural nails and don't want to file them all down to match the broken one). What's your favourite way to get over the broken nail blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment